Mental health consulting is an assessment of the mental condition of a person to determine whether he has or at risk of experiencing mental disorders. This is more often done on children to identify and handle problems that may have a negative impact on their mental development. However, it is also useful for people who are experiencing symptoms of mental health problems. This procedure is done by using a variety of techniques and resources to evaluate the state of mind of a person and identify the symptoms of a mental disorder.
Who need to undergo a health consultation
Mental health consultation is useful for children (for the purpose of preventing the development of mental health problems), and for mental health patients suspected of having problems mentally.
- Early childhood mental health consltation. Mental health consultation in early childhood proved to be very helpful in identifying and preventing symptoms of mental disorders that may affect a child. Early childhood is a crucial development stage in which children are particularly vulnerable to social and emotional influences that can affect their behavior. The consultation also became important for children who are already exhibiting strange behavior at an early stage. Consultation with a mental health specialist is expected to help ensure that children receive support in social and emotional development. Consultation is also required to give answers related to early child care and education, and how this issue can affect a child’s growth.
- Mental health consultations as part of treatment for mental problems that exist or are thought to exist. This type of consultation is very helpful for those who are already showing signs of mental illness, such as:
- Anxiety disorders (anxiety, common social anxiety, panic disorder, and some kind of phobia)
- Mood disorders (bipolar disorder, depression)
- Psychotic disorders (schizophrenia)
- Eating disorders (bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa, and binge eating/emotions control disorder)
- Impulse control disorders
- Disturbance of material hardness
- Personality disorders (antisocial personality disorder, paranoid personality disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Post traumatic stress disorders
- Dissociative disorders
- Sex and gender disorders
- Response to stress or adjustment disorders
- Somatic symptoms disorders
Mental health consultations for existing disturbances are expected to give the patient the treatment or therapy to help them cope with the symptoms of the disorder and ultimately treat this problem. In the meantime, consultations for the alleged interference there are expected to be able to provide a clear diagnosis from a mental health condition of the patient so that if necessary, the treatment will be prescribed.
The Workings Of A Mental Health Consultation
Mental health consultation can be provided by primary care physicians, who finally can refer patients to a specialist if needed. These specialists include:
Mental health specialist uses a variety of techniques and resources to assess the State of mental health patients. First, doctors perform a physical examination and some lab tests to rule out other potential problems that may be causing the symptoms. If not found, the psychological evaluation would be done. This is done by interviewing patients about their thoughts and feelings, symptoms that are natural, and it is also the pattern of his behavior. Patients could also be asked to fill out a questionnaire.
The consultation program for early childhood mental health is usually offered at the level of the group, usually in partnership with child care and early childhood education providers. Unless a child shows symptoms of mental illness, in this case parents can take him to a mental health specialist to review.
The possibility of complications and risks of Mental Health Consultation
Sometimes, this condition becomes a challenge to determine what kind of mental illness that affects individuals and the causes of the symptoms. However, getting an accurate diagnosis will ensure the use of proper care. Thus, patients or their families are advised to work with a specialist mental health until the problem is addressed.
Discover The Advantages Of DocDoc
More ways to find a doctor
- Doctor who had verified. Our goal is to provide accurate and reliable information, which is not available on other services. As one of the largest health care company, we can offer important information about qualified doctors with the best price.
- Warranty of best price. Medical tourist is concern, the doctor or the clinic probably will charge more to tourists than foreign patients/patients locally. DocDoc convinced that health care should be no different just because someone is a tourist/foreign patients.
- Health care providers Asia’s largest. DocDoc has the largest network of health care providers across the Asian region with 23.000 physicians, clinics, and 420 55 hospitals with different specialties. We will continue to increase the number of doctors, clinics, and hospitals continue to grow each day.
- The company who cares. DocDoc managed by professionals who had been a medical tourist. We understand the wants, needs, and concerns of patients and we are committed to supporting you. We believe that health care should be safe, transparent and fair.